February 1, 2020
1. Changes to Terms. These Terms, or any part thereof, may be modified by us, including the addition or removal of terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your use of the Application after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions or deletions.
2. Changes to Application. We may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Application at any time, including, but not limited to, content, availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
3. User Content Guidelines. The following terms apply to content submitted by you:
3.1 The Application contains messaging capabilities and other features (“Interactive Areas”) in which you may post or upload and send content, video, photos, messages, other materials or items (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for your use of any Interactive Areas and you use them at your own risk. Interactive Areas are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. By submitting User Content to an Interactive Area, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are under the age of 18, you either are an emancipated minor or have obtained the legal consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms, submit content, and participate on the Application.
3.2 By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Application, you agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that (a) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others; (b) you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate; (c) contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity; (d) contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd; (e) violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (f) advocates violent behavior; (g) poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety; (h) contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitative, prurient, or gratuitous purposes; (i) is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by Textline, in its sole discretion, to have (j) violated the intellectual property or other rights of others; (k) contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation; or (l) uses the name or likeness of an identifiable natural person without such person’s consent, shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Application. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
3.3 You agree not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, the Textline’s endorsement of User Content.
3.4 You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
3.5 You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web “robots” and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
3.6 Any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Application will not be permitted. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove or edit User Content submitted by you.
3.7 We are not responsible for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content, and do not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Content submitted on the Application. Through your use of Interactive Areas, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
3.8 We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content posted or uploaded to the Application to determine compliance with these Terms and any operating rules established by us and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request and are granted access for technical purposes. We do not guarantee the authorization, effect, and use of the Application by any individual and/or employee, representative, authorized agent, principal, assignor, or any other individual who has access to, or will use Application. Although we have no obligation to monitor, screen, edit or remove any of the User Content posted or uploaded to the Application, we reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to screen, edit, refuse to post or remove without notice any User Content posted or uploaded to the Application at any time and for any reason for fraudulent uses and/or technical support requested by the User. All other use of Application is at the sole discretion, agreement, and understanding of the User, who agrees to maintain compliance with state and federal law for the Application’s use, along with internal policies and procedures if use is made by an entity, organization, and/or company. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content posted to the Application at your sole cost and expense. The decision by Textline to monitor and/or modify User Content does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on our part in connection with or arising from your use of Interactive Areas on the Application.
3.9 By submitting User Content to the Application, you automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, store, and transmit User Content (in whole or in part) in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, without payment to you or to any third parties. Additionally, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights in the User Content and agree not to assert such rights against us. You represent and warrant to us that you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to us the license provided for herein, that you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the User Content you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license and that neither the User Content nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall violate these Terms, or infringe upon any rights, including the right of privacy or right of publicity, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, or cause injury to, any person or entity. You further grant to us the right, but not the obligation, to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or our rights in the User Content by a breach of these Terms.
4. User Conduct Guidelines. The following terms apply to your conduct when accessing or using the Application: (a) you agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Application or the servers or networks connected to the Application, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Application; (b) you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Application, use of the Application, or access to the Application; (c) you agree not to engage in any activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability; (d) you agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, the Textline or any Textline employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; and (e) you agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about users of the Application or posting private information about a third party.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. All text, graphics, photographs, trademarks, logos, icons, user interfaces, sounds, music, videos, artwork, software and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the “look and feel”, layout, design, structure, color scheme, selection, combination and arrangement of the Content present on the Application is owned by or licensed to us. Such Content is protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and various other intellectual property and unfair competition laws.
Except with our express prior written permission or as permitted by applicable laws, you may not copy, distribute, reproduce, mirror, frame, publicly display, publicly perform, translate, create derivative works of, re-publish or transmit the Application or Content (in whole or in part) in any way or through any medium for distribution, publication or any commercial purpose.
You may display, copy and download Content from the Application solely for your personal and non-commercial use provided that: (a) you do not remove any copyright or proprietary notice from the Content; (b) such Content will not be copied or posted on any networked computer or published in any medium; and (c) no modifications are made to such Content.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TEXTLINE, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE APPLICATION, NOR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE APPLICATION. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT USE OF INTEGRATIONS, APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (API), OR OTHER METHODS TO IMPORT AND/OR EXPORT IS PERFORMED AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
(B) THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS.
(C) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TEXTLINE, OR ITS FUTURE PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER AND/OR DEVICE OR TECHNOLOGY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR FOR ANY FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES BASED ON ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE APPLICATION OR ANY ALLEGED FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN SERVICE, OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THE APPLICATION, OR ANY ALLEGED COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF OR POSTING OF ANY RECORD, CONTENT, OR TECHNOLOGY, PERTAINING TO OR ON THE APPLICATION. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER SUCH ALLEGATIONS ARE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR FALL UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF TEXTLINE OR FUTURE PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TEXTLINE OR FUTURE PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE APPLICATION OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
(D) We disclaim any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your data. By accessing the Application, you acknowledge and agree to our disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use the Application.
7. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Textline, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the Application by you. Textline reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this section. In such event, you shall provide Textline with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by Textline.
8. Termination. We may terminate or suspend these Terms at any time without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall have the right to immediately terminate your access to the Application in the event of any conduct by you which we, in our sole discretion, consider to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of these Terms. The provisions of Sections 2, and 4-11 shall survive termination of these Terms.
9. Governing Law. The content, data, video, and all other material and features on the Application is presented for the purpose of providing entertainment, news and/or information and/or promoting programs, films, music, games, and other products and/or services that are or may become available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates.
Any and all disputes, claims and controversies arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Application, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Application shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws and decisions of the State of California applicable to contracts made, entered into and performed entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws and provisions.
Please report any violations of these Terms to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Copyrights and Copyright Agent. We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and expect our users and customers to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied on the Application in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact email@example.com. We reserve the right to terminate access to the Application for users or customers who post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
11. Miscellaneous. These Terms and any operating rules for the Application established by us constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. The provisions of these Terms are for the benefit of the Textline, its affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. If any part of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, it will be replaced with language reflecting the original purpose in a valid and enforceable manner. The enforceable sections of these Terms will remain binding upon the parties. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
Sign up for a free 14-day trial today. No credit card required.Sign Up Now
Still have questions? Text us: +1 415-849-4349 or contact us here.